Which file i have to place when child during child theme creation?
I had created a child theme. So i want to know some basic question about child theme.
1) i had create a child theme.If i am updating the theme, What should be happened ? I mean all customization which i had does manually is remain there in parent theme after updating the Parent theme.
2) After creating child theme i have to place all file of the parent theme in which i had made the customization in child theme or not ?
3) Suppose in child theme there are three files
Now if i am activating this child theme is there any difference of look and feel of activating parent theme and child theme.
i am asking these because i am facing these issues.
and i want to make sure for testing my child theme.
- if you change your child theme, the customization of the parent theme remains there in wordpress cause the parent theme is the same
- in a child theme wordpress search the file first in the child theme folder, then, if not found, goes to the parent theme (is the same to all files, except functions.php that not overrides the parent theme functions cause is loaded in addition)
- if you active a child theme takes all the functions of the base themes but with the files in the child theme is like and object that extends another
More info in: Child themes Wordpress Codex
TIP: using template partials could be useful to work with child themes
Place title (in correct place) above image with opaque background
I would like to display the title with opaque background above the images on a frontpage.php. I am able to display the title on top with margin:-#, and can add a transparent background with z-index and rgb opacity, but I'm sort of stumped on how to get different lengths (heights) of titles to all just occupy the bottom of the images neatly. Since I...
Wordpress child theme - Overriding a php file which is not in the root folder of a theme
I would like to modify a php file which is in "/inc/sections" folder of the Shop Isle theme (Wordpress) through a child theme. I tried the classic way by creating a new php file with the same name in my child theme but it s not working. I ve read there is a way to make the child file overriding the parent one using a function. All what I ve tried d...
Hestia Child theme creation
I'm working on creating a child theme of Hestia for my own website but I'm just not getting where the code is supposed to go in my child theme coding. I know how to design websites and I'm familiar enough with code to make the changes if I know where to look to do it. I know what file I need to edit (hestia\inc\views\main\class-hestia-footer.php) i...
Wordpress PHP title creation - Solve errors on 'child theme'
I have a wordpress theme running the "static" side of my website (www.url.com/home), and I'm working outside of it for the App (www.url.com/app), but I'm using the wordpress header and footer in the App so as to mantain the look and feel. The problem is that all pages in the /app directory are coded as a 404 Error. I can somewhat solve this using j...